NovaMind 5.3 for Mac
We’re very excited to announce the immediate availability of NovaMind 5.3 for Mac.
You can get it either by clicking on the Download button on the NovaMind web site, or if you have NovaMind already installed, it should be available through the update system. If you purchased through the Apple Mac App Store, we have submitted the updated application for approval, and it should be available in a few days.
- A complete rewrite of the entire drawing system for NovaMind.
- Crisper looking topics and text in most circumstances.
- New animation system, which allows animated panning, zooming, collapsing and expanding topics, grouping, ungrouping, expanding, collapsing, focussing on a topic, addition and deletion of topics, moving topics, grafting, layout angle changes etc. All of these actions and many more are now smoothly animated, with some of the animations being simple fade in and out, some being the movement of topics, and some being collapsing into a parent topic or expanding from a parent topic.
- More efficient drawing to improve performance of the program.
- New Enter Full Screen Mode menu item and shortcut.
- Better handling of topic resizing, text editing of topics on the left side of the Mind Map, and related issues.
- Better handling of keeping topics scrolled to be visible when they should be.
- Full support of gradients, shadows, and reflections for printing and export.
- Full translucency support for printing and export, including gradients with translucent colors, and the glassy overlays.
- Inline hyperlinks on topic text are now preserved live (clickable) in PDF exports.
- Completely reworked glassy overlay drawing so it looks good no matter how much you zoom in.
- Completely reworked image export system to give better results and crisper images.
- Added the ability to hold the option key while dragging a color on to a topic to change the line color instead of the fill color.
- Completely reworked printing system to work in with the new display system.
- Improved loading of documents, with animation of topics from the Mind Map title.
- Improved the handling of pasted rich text to extract the structure from paragraph indents where no structure is found from leading spaces. Updated the documentation to explain this in detail.
- Improved handling of addition and removal of Mind Maps in a document.
- Better drawing of shadows and updating of shadows when edited.
- Reduced memory usage, especially when handling images.
- Switched to a better method of drawing gradients.
- Updated text rendering to work better with 10.8.
- Improved handling of movement of link lines when their parent topics are moved.
- Fixed a problem where sometimes if you had an inline image in text it would draw upside down.
- Improved the handling of animation of changes in scale.
- Switched to a new version of the Sparkle update framework.
- Made performance improvements to text editing.
- Fixed a major performance issue which could happen when pasting or grafting a topic which had already been pasted or grafted.
- Fixed a performance issue on selection change when there are resources defined on the Mind Map.
- Improved the creation of theme preview images.
- Improved handling of image and adornment drag and drop.
- Better handling of pinch zoom operations, and animated zooming using the zoom menu and hotkeys.
- Improved handling of color updates and automatic coloring.
- Made the inheritance of topic shapes more efficient in some circumstances.
- Improved the topic resizing when adding or removing elements like task information and checkboxes.
- Improved the drawing of background texture images.
- Numerous other small enhancements throughout the program.
This has been a massive development effort, so we hope you enjoy all the many improvements throughout the application.